Job Title: Site Access Controller (SAC)
We are looking for people who are seeking flexible working patterns who are interested in shift work. Although we cannot guarantee anyone any hours, most of this work will be on Weekends and can vary from Single Shifts on a Saturday Night through to full weekend work (Fri to Mon - Days and Nights). So you can expect anywhere from 1-3 shifts a week with the odd Midweek Nights when we have a requirement for it.
The area of work may move every week as works move up/down the track as the project progresses. Candidates will be required to have their own independent transport and be willing to travel, typically up to 60 miles each way. If you do not mind traveling further and/or staying away in accommodation, this opens up the opportunities for more opportunities to work.
Bonuses available at Christmas/New Year time, NWR offers a substantial bonus for shifts worked over Christmas/New Year. Shifts are paid at Double time and £400 bonus per shift worked during the qualifying period (18:00 24/12/20 - 08:00 27/12/20 & 18:00 31/12/20 - 08:00 02/01/21).
Time and a half on Bank Holidays.
Full pay if the shift is cancelled within 24hrs notice.
Full pay if the shift is completed early.
Due to fatigue management, you may be required to stay away and accommodation will be provided.
Full training, uniform, and equipment are provided.
- You must have a full UK driving license and have access to a car.
- Must be available Fri Night through to Monday morning.
- IT literate.
- Confident to deal with groups of people, including delivering important Health & Safety information.
- The ability to effectively communicate (both verbal and written).
- Assertive – able to deal with challenging individuals and/or situations, rejecting individuals upon signing in for not meeting PPE requirements.
Beneficial experience but not essential;
- Knowledge of railway track renewals.
- Previous Site Access experience in any industry.
- Comprehensive understanding of the phonetic alphabet
- PTS competency.
The Site Access Controller acts as a worksite’s administration centre, responsible for controlling access/egress to and from site and collating reports. They are a single point of contact from the worksite to the outside world. The Site Access Controller will use the equipment provided to update the MacRail systems, entering site reports and personnel registers for the client’s management staff to review.
- Signing track staff in & out and carrying out 100% sentinel checks.
- Carrying out PPE checks and rejecting anyone from signing in if they are unable to present mandatory items of PPE.
- Providing safety briefings to everyone signing in.
- Fatigue Management of the workforce by ensuring track staff adhere to NWR 12/14hr rules.
- Communicate with Worksite Site Management to record progress updates.
- Keeping key H&S information up to date.
- Issue & record PPE and complete onsite risk assessments of the welfare conditions.
- Logging safety critical information (Accidents, Incidents & Close Calls)