Quantity Surveyor, Winchester, Hampshire
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will take full responsibility of:
- Sourcing, negotiating and calling off goods, materials and services to meet the Company’s operational requirements.
- Working for a leading highways contractor delivering projects on the fast and local road network in Hampshire.
- Excellent opportunity to progress with a contractor known for providing career progression.
- Returning to work or flexible work options are encouraged.
Overall Purpose of the Quantity Surveyor Role:
- Order goods, materials and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
- Work with project teams to develop Commercial plans and manage cost sensitivity.
- Compliance with the safety, health and environment requirements of materials and services.
- Maintain records and follow up files of purchases, payments and related matters
- Manage overdue PO KPI’s, valuations, claims and extension of time requests.
- Price and manage any variations to the client.
- Responsible for maintaining the accurate information in the number of Excel databases and any other documents created to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of purchasing department
- Maintain files of descriptions of available supplies
- Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, Purchasing Manager and Project Managers
- Building and maintaining a good relationship with existing suppliers, as well as researching and identifying new potential suppliers
- Negotiating prices and obtaining quotations
- Attending meetings
- Deputise for the commercial manager and mentor junior staff.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- At least 5 years’ experience as a project QS with responsibility for delivery of a job
- Good negotiating and networking skills
- Good mathematical skills and ability to work with figures and budgets
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Great IT skills, proficiency using MS Office package and Excel
- Ability to prioritise and work
- Good report writing skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to multi-task
Salary – £40000 – £45,000 + Car/allowance
To apply for this Quantity Surveyor role, click apply now below.