Procurement Buyer, Kent, Devon
As a Procurement Buyer, you will take full responsibility of:
- Sourcing, negotiating and buying of goods, materials and services to meet the Company’s operational requirements.
Overall Purpose of the Procurement Buyer Role:
- Purchase goods, materials and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
- Work with project teams to develop mechanical and electrical procurement plans
- Compliance with the safety, health and environment requirements of materials and services
- Compliance with site delivery restrictions
- Maintain records and follow up files of purchases, shipments and related matters
- Manage overdue PO KPI’s, stock-outs due to Procurement, hours downtime due to Procurement, supplier returns (Quality), Procurement cycle time.
- Responsible for maintaining the accurate information in the number of Excel databases and any other documents created to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of purchasing department
- Maintain files of descriptions of available supplies
- Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, Purchasing Manager and Project Managers
- Building and maintaining a good relationship with existing suppliers, as well as researching and identifying new potential suppliers
- Negotiating prices and obtaining quotations
- Attending meetings
- Handle procurement of new material requirements from existing and potentially new suppliers.
- Perform related job duties as required
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- At least 4 years’ experience purchasing mechanical materials
- Good negotiating and networking skills
- Good mathematical skills and ability to work with figures and budgets
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Great IT skills, proficiency using MS Office package and Excel
- Ability to prioritise and work
- Good report writing skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to multi-task
Salary – £45,000 – £60,000
To apply for this Procurement Buyer role, click apply now below.
Beginning of employment
Duration of employment
8 AM to 5PM
£45,000 £ - £60,000 £
21st June 2019
2 August 2019