Our client is a market leader in infrastructure and construction support services, consisting of four brands, it serves customers in support of creating tomorrow’s infrastructure. They are growing in their quest for continuous improvement and to consistently strive to raise the bar for the level of service they deliver to their customers.
Payroll management comprises making timely payment to employees and operatives and managing deductions and associated reporting to other external stakeholders, such as HM Revenue and Customs.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Performance, Planning and Reporting, the primary focus of the role is to provide payroll management to all operatives and employees of the Group.
The role holder is expected to:
- Lead payroll management across the Group and manage staff appropriately to ensure that all brands meet their payroll obligations by completing all relevant HM Revenue and Customs reporting.
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Pay employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages and file those reports with relevant authorities, such as HM Revenue and Customs
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests from relevant internal stakeholders
- An experienced payroll management professional holding a relevant payroll qualification.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced team environment, with a robust and enthusiastic personality and the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- An understanding of the reporting requirements demanded by a Group finance function.
- High standards and a desire to develop both themselves and their role over time.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to engage with stakeholders of all levels across different departments and divisions.
- A high level of computer literacy. Knowledge of the SAGE and/or Summit 5000 accounting system is an advantage, but not essential.