Our client is looking to recruit a Media & External Affairs Executive in London.
The company is a new and innovate organisation at the forefront of the rail industry.
Media & External Affairs Executive responsibilities include:
• To design, plan and execute a media plan which uses traditional and social media to target stakeholders including the public.
• To Identify media opportunities generated by company activity and the media landscape
• Where no opportunities present themselves, create them
• Pre-empt and respond to negative media attention
• Establish and maintain an appropriate, professional and pro-active working relationship across the business, partner organisations & media.
Media & External Affairs Executive skills required:
• Planning & executing complex, layered work programmes
• Distilling complex technical information and sensitive material into compelling copy
• Creating persuasive, truthful, targeted messaging for stakeholders
Media & External Affairs Executive knowledge:
• Understanding of how the media works in the UK (essential)
• Contacts in relevant media, rail industry or Ox-Cam Arc (desirable)
• Experience of communications within infrastructure (desirable)
• 2-3 years in Communications/External Affairs role with a media focus (essential)
• 2-3 years in a broad Communications role (desirable)
You should apply now if you:
- Are a compelling, convincing and articulate communicator
- Flourish when interacting with people
- Are demonstrably fair, open and honest, with a strong moral compass
- Have the determination to deliver the nitty-gritty outputs of external affairs, balanced with a skill for assessment and planning