Our client is a market leader in infrastructure and construction support services, consisting of four brands, it serves customers in support of creating tomorrow’s infrastructure. They are growing in their quest for continuous improvement and to consistently strive to raise the bar for the level of service they deliver to their customers.
The expectations of the Head of Group Financial and Internal Control for the brands comprises the creation and documentation and management of an effective and well managed, paperless internal controls environment which supports the aims of the Group.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the primary focus of the role is financial leadership around Group Financial and Internal Control for all brands which support accurate and timely management accounts and management information to internal stakeholders of the Group and external financial reporting.
The role holder is expected to:
- Lead the documentation of all financial processes and controls in agreement with the CFO.
- Lead the documentation of the delegated financial authority matrix for each brand and for the Group overall for CFO sign off.
- Perform a quarterly review of the integrity of financial ledgers for the brand
- Support the Business Finance Manager for each brand and the Business Systems Manager in producing Business Systems that contain an effective segregation of duties
- Support the CFO with Mergers and Acquisitions activity as required, to include review of the Target’s financial control environment.
- Support other such activity as requested by the Chief Financial Officer from time to time.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced team environment, with a robust and enthusiastic personality and the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- An understanding of the control environment and reporting requirements demanded by a Group finance function.
- High standards and a desire to develop both themselves and their role over time.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to engage with stakeholders of all levels across different departments and divisions.
- A high level of computer literacy. Knowledge of the Summit 5000 accounting system is an advantage, but not essential.
Qualified ACA or ACCA with experience of IFRS and UK GAAP and has first time passes.