Walking into an interview room can be a nerve wracking and daunting experience, yet if you are well practiced and prepared the higher likelihood the interview will go well. City calling have created a useful hints and tips list for preparing for job interviews.
- Do your research: It is highly likely the interviewer will ask you to explain your understanding of the company and the role you’re applying for. We therefore recommend that you:
- Study the job description and match experience to key responsibilities
- Look at the company website including key services, accounts, reports, latest news
- Research online to see where and why they have appeared in the press
- Look on company social accounts for other key pieces of information
- Practice: Research potential interview questions and plan responses to each. This can include planning key challenges you have resolved, achievements or demonstrable skills.
- Dress appropriately: An interview is a formal process; therefore, you should present yourself accordingly. Dress well for the occasion to ensure you make a good first impression when meeting a prospective employer.
- Consider behaviour: Be aware of your behaviour and body language throughout the duration of the interview, considering things such as:
- Maintaining good levels of eye contact
- Positive body language
- Signs of engagement
- Ask questions: After undertaking your online research you should be able to think of some key questions to ask the recruiter about the role. These will not only provide you with answers to your questions but will also demonstrate you have previously researched into their company.
- Follow up: Once the interview is over to be sure to follow up with the recruiter. This not only shows your interest in the role but can provide useful feedback on how you interviewed.
If you need help with preparing for an interview, then please get in touch with one of City Callings experts today. We would be happy to help! Call us today on 0203 854 1119 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org